I heard someone describe another as "a superlative human being" today.
And I thought, "Ooooooooooohhhhh."
I want to be a "superlative human being." Not because I want people to remember me as such, necessarily, but because I want to know myself as such. I want to know myself as the person I strive to be.
But I'm not. I'm just not. I suffer from random bouts of intolerance and sudden attacks of impatience. I work hard, but often do it at the expense of my health and well-being, which forces my family to endure a head-of-household who isn't always up to snuff. I eat too much and save too little. I'm utterly compulsive and a complete control freak. I often demonstrate horrible self-centeredness. And though I've done everything I've attempted, usually with a modicum of success, I have yet to achieve the goal I long ago set out to accomplish: having the ability to make any dream come true - for anyone! - and to manifest miracles every day.
I shall work harder.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah, the old catch 22! My favorite catch of all.
you will never see yourself as a superlative human being because it's the constant drive to be a better person that makes you one. If you are ever satisfied with who you are then you have lost the very thing that makes great people great, the ability to grow and change.
I'm sure there are plenty of people in your life who would describe you as a superlative human being, I would. I'm in awe at all you've done with your life.
I have not performed a miracle for years,takes to much outta me, best left to others. Other than that, I'm pretty much perfect...UURRGG!
Thanks, RT... sometimes it feels like such an uphill battle. I just keep plugging along like the good little soldier I am. :-) Thanks for believing in me. :-)
HB, I shall continue to strive for that pinnacle... :-)
My next goal is to create a lasting peace on the earth that has never been seen before, a little concentration and A-U--MMMMM,A-U--MMMMM, It's not working, maybe the key is to work things out with the help of others, not to try to carry the old globe all by yourself.
Perfectionism tends to help nobody in the long run.
I have struggled along time to get to the point of "That will do" and really be happy with that conclusion. I find I get more done and with an overall sense of satisfaction. Standing back looking at the whole scape instead of drilling one square inch till it's sometimes over-tweeked.
Post a Comment