Sunday, June 17, 2007


4 comments:

harbinger said...

A wee bit cheeky.

David said...

LOL, and just where does EMS personnel fall in all of this?

Daughter of Night said...

I thought it was "a wee bit cheeky" also... until I thought about it a little more.

Despite the poor grammtical construction of the text for this image, I got the jist of it right away... and I thought the same thing that HB did: "Well, that's a bit over the line!!"

But in thinking about it, I remember that all of Public Service is sort of a mutual admiration society... I know that firefighters have always been heroes in MY book... but I also know that the majority of firefighters wouldn't do a cop's job for twice the pay and free lunches. And NONE of us envy the EMS personnel, who are some of the most highly trained, over worked, and underpaid people in public service. They perform miracles every day and do it for nothing more than certification hassles and sub-poverty-level paychecks.

I posted it only after I thought about it a while. Partly because I wanted to see how y'all would react to it. :-)

David said...

Sad isn't it, the important jobs in life seem to pay the least. I'll never understand a sports star getting paid millions and people who save lives and make a difference struggle to make a living. 9 Fire fighters died in a fire yesterday in Charleston, South Carolina. That's about 125 miles from me. It's just so sad to think about their families. I wonder if they will get the same kind of money the victims of 9/11 families received? Our society really sucks!

On a happier note I was the 500th person to view your profile :) I saw the movie "Ghost Rider" and wanted to see what scene your picture came from and BAM! # 500

Cool picture!