Friday, February 13, 2009

Stimulus Q &A

This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
A. Shut up.


Hey, let's keep that money here in America!!! Spend it at a yard sale, or go to a baseball game. Spend it on prostitutes, beer and wine (domestic ONLY), or tattoos. I'm fairly certain those are the only businesses left in the United States.

1 comment:

David said...

Ha, I hope you're right about answer #1 but I fear the money won't be limited to just tax payers but ALL citizens (tax payers or not) and maybe even some that aren't even citizens. :(

I think you nailed it with the shut up part. We are suppose to be putting our blind faith in government's hands now.

OMG! If you knew how hard it's been for me to keep my mouth shut about our president's first month. *sitting on hands*