
You are one of the most beautiful things I have ever had in my possession. Ah, as it is with such things, my grasp upon you was fleeting and exhilarating.
You were my primary duty weapon, and though I hoped you would never be called upon to leave your leather nesting place at my side, I was always glad you were there. Your weight and sleek concealability were comforting; your superior craftsmanship depended upon. Your breathtaking beauty was consistently noticed and commented on whenever you were visible. Those who chose less costly and ultimately inferior weapons coveted your surety, reliability, and sheer deadly grace.
Today, my former partner crossed my hand with much-needed silver in order to make you his own. As I reassemble your majestic - and oh so simple! - parts for the last time, I am both bereft at the loss and thrilled that someone who will truly care for you and appreciate you as the amazing machine you are has taken you into his very competent hands.
Be always true, my Beauty. Be always true.
3 comments:
Sorry Daughter.
You've comfort where you could do it, but I'm sorry anyway.
This is just another reason in LONG line reasons that I wish we lived closer so I could hug you.
I'm a hugg-E type person too so you'd get plenty of them!
:)
There's a shooting range really close to our house. I'd like to get a pistol and learn how to shoot well. I use to be pretty good when I was a kid and my dad would take me, but that was YEARS ago.
Your post makes me wanna be proactive. I don't know how I feel about that yet...
;)
I wish you lived closer too!! You're not the only hugger, you know!! ;-)
It's a tough decision to bring a gun (or guns) into the house when you have children. There are many precautions you can take, and of course education is paramount.
I'm sure you remember from shooting with your dad - using a hand gun (and learning how to do it well) is a journey of precision and power. I think you may really enjoy it.
Most indoor ranges have weapons for rent. :-)
Post a Comment