Wednesday, July 01, 2009

F... M... L...

So, money has now officially become an "issue."

I can't figure out exactly what's changed. Last year at this time we had pretty much the same bills and basically the same income. Our circumstances haven't changed very much, but it seems that our available income has dwindled away to nothing. Last year at this time I had enough. This year, with no discernible changes, I don't.

True, after MSU got hit by Stupid Should-Be-In-Jail-But-Isn't Girl, we got behind on some things because he missed so much work. And we never really got "caught up." My brief but costly stint into gambling addiction cost a pretty penny, but I thought we had recovered. And there still is no insurance settlement forthcoming and we still don't even know how much it will be so there is no way to plan. $20 grand? $100 grand? Less? More? Nothing? We don't know.

But what it comes down to is: money is an issue.

And now I have to decide what gets paid and what doesn't.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Jen said...

*nod*

I'm in completely the same spot. With me not working at all, and James working for a bit more then minimum wage, it's a struggle to pay ANYTHING.
So very very lame!

I hope you guys recover soon. I'll keep you in my thoughts!
*hug*

David said...

I can tell you what's changed. We are far more aware, and weary, of credit cards and refinancing than we use to be. In the past when we needed more money we just went to our bag of tricks and BOOM... more money. Now, those tricks are either all used up or we are scared to death to use them. Combine that with the fact that the cost of living has increased, as well as taxes, fees and permits and we are all seeing money as an "issue" these days. Obviously the MSU's accident just added fuel to the fire. :(

Btw, what does this mean "stint into gambling addiction"?