Friday, August 14, 2009

The Tip of the Iceberg

Here is a brief and NON-comprehensive example of why hiring illegal aliens is not economically productive for the State of California, no matter what was presented in “A Day Without a Mexican:”

You have 2 gentlemen..."Joe Legal" and "Joe Illegal". Both men have families consisting of two parents and two children and live in California.


"Joe Legal" works in construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes
$25.00 per hour with payroll taxes deducted..."Joe Illegal" also works in
construction, has no Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 per hour cash
"under the table".
Joe Legal...$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week , $52,000 per year
Now take 30% away for state and federal tax
Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

Joe Illegal...$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00
per year
Joe Illegal pays no taxes...
Joe Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage for himself and 3 dependents:
$1000.00 per month
$12,000.00 per year
Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

Joe Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through State-funded (wait, I’m sorry, TAX-PAYER FUNDED) medical programs and local
clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year
Joe Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal makes too much money is not eligible for Food Stamps, welfare, or WIC
Joe Legal pays for food:
$1,000.00 per month
$12,000.00 per year
Joe Legal now has $ 7,231.00

Joe Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps, welfare, and WIC
Joe Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent - in the ghetto and in a place where his children share a room - of
$750.00 per month
$9000.00 per year
Joe Legal is now in the hole
minus (-) $1,769.00

Joe Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy and is eligible for Section 8 housing.
Joe Illegal pays rent:
$300.00 per month
$3600.00 per year
Joe Illegal still has $27,600.00

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays and gets a part time job after
work, allowing him a higher tax bracket and

$20,800.00. Joe Legal’s tax bracket is now 40%, making his total gross income $72,800.00 per year and his tax liability $29,120.00. Starting over, Joe has:

$43,680.00 net income – $12,000.00 per year medical and dental insurance

$31,680.00 - $12,000.00 per year food

$19,680.00 - $9000.00 per year rent

Joe Legal now has no time with his family and $10,680.00.
Joe Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Joe Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
Legal pays for his children's lunches:

$1.40 per day x 2 for 142 days per year

$397.60 per year.

Joe Legal now has $10,282.40.

Joe Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch due to lack of income.

Joe Illegal still has $27,600.00.

Joe Illegal's children have an after school ESL program, a before school tutoring program, and a during-school AVID program pursuant to the tax-payer-funded “No Child Left Behind” Act.

Joe Legal's children receive a sub-standard education (see California “No Child Left Behind” statistics: California met APY goals in 2004 and 2006 – the only two years since NCLB was passed) and then go home.


Joe Legal and Joe Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services, but
Joe Legal paid for them and Joe Illegal did not. Joe Legal and Joe Illegal both must pay for vehicle registration, vehicle insurance, fuel, vehicle maintenance, utilities, family clothing, telephone service, school supplies, household items, and “unexpected” expenses. Joe Legal must pay higher vehicle insurance because his mileage is higher, higher fuel costs because his usage is higher, and higher maintenance because the wear-and-tear on his vehicle is higher.

Obviously, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Don't vote for OR support any politician that supports illegal aliens.

3 comments:

David said...

LOL! If you really wanted to get me started about illegal immigration this would be the week to do it. grrrrr

We gave Mexico back millions of dollars this week for oil we STOLE from them. WTF? How about all the services they have stole from us? Medical, education, welfare... How about all the money we spend to house them in jail? How about all the money we spend at the boarder? Tracking their drug cartels?Deporting them?

Yet, despite ALL we have done and had taken from us, our government was standing there HAPPILY ADMITTING THAT WE ARE THE THIEVES AND THE BAD GUYS!!! HOLY SHIT!

*deep breath* furthermore, NPR radio(why do I continue to listen to that liberal program?) does this story last week about how the USA soccer team gets dominated in Mexico everytime they play there. The story was complete with interviews with Mexican fans saying how good it felt to take down the strongest country in the world anytime they wanted to. I wonder why NPR would do a story that 99% of Americans wouldn't care about, unless it was to embarrass us.

Throw in how the illegals factor into this health care debate and I'm not a happy camper right now. >:(

Oh, I didn't see "A Day Without a Mexican" I'm sure it's a wonderful piece of slanted liberal garbage. How about a film called "What if an illegal would have never been aloud to RUIN the job market, then Americans would get paid to do the work at a decent wage." a little long but catchy don't you think? lol

Since we are such a nasty, unfair, racist country to illegals, I would love take a peek at Mexico's policy on illegal immigration.. say their immigration policies on Guatemalans? Maybe we could adapt that?

Ok, I'll stop before I tell you what I really think. Sheesh!

Good post!

Daughter of Night said...

Like I said... tip of the iceberg.

My views about this have started to seriously affect me at work. It won't be long until I'm going to have to find a way to not work with the California public at all, because I am INCENSED every single day at the people who are BURGLARIZING my Country and deign to insist upon more and more services and support.

My children receive sub-standard educations that I AM PAYING FOR AND THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DRAGGING THE TEST SCORES DOWN AREN'T.

I am being held responsible for the California budget deficit and am suffering higher taxation this year and even higher next year (if forecasts are correct) and I AM NOT THE PROBLEM.

I am unable to do my job effectively because I don't speak a language other than OUR NATIONAL LANGUAGE. Not to mention, I'm not sorry about it. WHen people call me and ask if I speak Spanish, I just say no and suffer the awkward silence until that person hangs up or decides they really can speak English after all. SOmetimes they ask me if I can go get someone that speaks SPanish. I tell them, "No. Call me back when you learn English. I can tell you all about what's going on with your child then."

NOT good customer service. I know.

As a tax-paying CITIZEN, I am EXPECTED to fund this Nation and this State. I am EXPECTED to pay my bills, buy my own food, secure my own housing, raise my own children, adhere to all laws, and sacrifice my sons to Selective Service.

But if I were a BURGLAR - a person who broke into this Country to steal money, services, housing, and food - none of these expectations would apply.

The saddest part is that when I bring this up to people, I can count of the non-reaction of an indifferent population. No one seems to care that we are allowing people to break into our Country and steal our wealth and won't even take the precautions that ANY responsible homeowner would to protect their assets.

If I started shooting people that could not prove their citizenry as the very clear and present danger that they are, people would notice. Who'd be the bad guy? Me. Nobody seems to be making the connection that these people are WALKING INTO OUR HOUSE, TAKING OUR STUFF, AND WALKING OUT (only to return again tomorrow to do the same thing) and WE ARE ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN.

Grr.

GGGRRRRRR.

Jen said...

Wow!

I don't think I can make a better comment on this post...
I wish I qualified for assistance from the state! Grrr.