... from my home, the lifeless body of Chelsea King (still pending official identification) was found five days after she was reported missing by her parents. San Diego County did a fantastic job of coordinating search efforts, and my wonderful little community - still so broken and sad from the still-mysterious loss of Amber Dubois a year ago - rallied with Chelsea's parents to ensure she would come home if there was any possible way that she COULD come home.
An arrest has been made and a formal complaint may be made at arraignment today. I hope so.
The County and our community was able to come together in efforts to find Chelsea so quickly because Chelsea was in the habit of doing something most kids her age (17) don't think about: checking in with her parents regularly and always advising them of where she was and with whom. Chelsea gave her parents a great gift: the knowledge that something was amiss LONG before other parents of teenagers might have suspected it.
Thank you, Chelsea. May you now rest in peace. I hope you will use your light to help those that are still lost find their way home.
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Another sad ending to what's become a WAY to typical story. As hard as I try, I'll never begin to understand where these monsters think they get the right to ruin so many lives for a few moments of self-gratification. The only conclusion I can reach is pure evil does exist and it walks among us in all shapes and forms.
Post a Comment