...when you've finally had enough, you're sweating and sick to your stomach.
I find that I deliberately put myself in situations that will allow me to practice self-sacrifice... situations which quickly become a weird, less-lethal form of self-immolation, as I practically light myself on fire with the friction of double-booking, overlapping commitments, and agreements made in haste.
I fear the word "no." That's what it is. I'm don't like to say it... I don't like to hear it... and I can't bear the thought of letting someone down. Even someone I don't like.
So, I propose (to myself) a small experiment: for seven days, I will be completely honest with myself (when consciously possible) and with others. If I can not be completely honest, I will not say anything at all. If the answer is "no," I'll say "no." If the answer is, "I'm so sick of picking up the slack of your lazy-ass incompetence," I'll say nothing. If the answer is,"I'd like to help, but can't right now," I'll say it as nicely as I can.
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment