
It’s a crappy photograph (taken with my cell phone), but that’s one of MSU’s molars next to a dime. Yes, that’s a TOOTH.
You’ll notice that the tooth, sitting there so incongruently, has a $900 crown on it. The crown was so well done that it didn’t budge a bit when the tooth was yanked. And why, you ask, was the tooth yanked? Because the $1000 root canal he had on that very tooth approximately two years ago FAILED (as you can see by the gargantuan root) and the root continued to grow until it affected the flesh, bone, and nerves around it.
So, by my calculations, that’s $1900 laying there next to that dime. It’s sort of funny, actually: I placed the dime next to the tooth for perspective. 10-cent dime and $1900 tooth. Which one is more valuable today? HA HA HA HA HA.
The good news: pulling the tooth was free. Finally, a benefit to that dental coverage I’m supposed to have.
MSU informed me that he has an appointment in a month to get an implant. I replied incredulously, “Implant? Whatever for?” He said, somewhat condescendingly, “To replace the pulled tooth.” Stunned, I asked, “But why? It’s in the back. No one can see it.” MSU smugly informed me that his “face will change” if he doesn’t replace the tooth, and self-righteously posited that I “wouldn’t want THAT to happen.”
HA! Ha ha ha ha ha! How about I change it for you right now, you patronizing dillwad?
Okay, I didn’t say that.
Silly me, I thought that the million-dollar smiles currently sported by my two eldest daughters represented the pinnacle of dental expense, especially the veneers and reconstruction that make my middle daughter’s glorious smile so, well, glorious. No so!! The single implant that MSU is scheduled to receive will cost us $3400, more than we spent on our eldest’s entire regime of orthodontia and roughly one-fourth of what we spent on 4 years of orthodontia, reconstruction, and 7 veneers for our middle daughter. For ONE stinking implant. $3400 is more than I’ve spent on my mouth in my ENTIRE LIFE.
For what? Nothing but simple vanity, in my humble opinion. But SHEESH! Would you look at the ROOT on that damn thing??? If it weren’t the harbinger of more financial woes, I’d be pretty dang impressed.
You’ll notice that the tooth, sitting there so incongruently, has a $900 crown on it. The crown was so well done that it didn’t budge a bit when the tooth was yanked. And why, you ask, was the tooth yanked? Because the $1000 root canal he had on that very tooth approximately two years ago FAILED (as you can see by the gargantuan root) and the root continued to grow until it affected the flesh, bone, and nerves around it.
So, by my calculations, that’s $1900 laying there next to that dime. It’s sort of funny, actually: I placed the dime next to the tooth for perspective. 10-cent dime and $1900 tooth. Which one is more valuable today? HA HA HA HA HA.
The good news: pulling the tooth was free. Finally, a benefit to that dental coverage I’m supposed to have.
MSU informed me that he has an appointment in a month to get an implant. I replied incredulously, “Implant? Whatever for?” He said, somewhat condescendingly, “To replace the pulled tooth.” Stunned, I asked, “But why? It’s in the back. No one can see it.” MSU smugly informed me that his “face will change” if he doesn’t replace the tooth, and self-righteously posited that I “wouldn’t want THAT to happen.”
HA! Ha ha ha ha ha! How about I change it for you right now, you patronizing dillwad?
Okay, I didn’t say that.
Silly me, I thought that the million-dollar smiles currently sported by my two eldest daughters represented the pinnacle of dental expense, especially the veneers and reconstruction that make my middle daughter’s glorious smile so, well, glorious. No so!! The single implant that MSU is scheduled to receive will cost us $3400, more than we spent on our eldest’s entire regime of orthodontia and roughly one-fourth of what we spent on 4 years of orthodontia, reconstruction, and 7 veneers for our middle daughter. For ONE stinking implant. $3400 is more than I’ve spent on my mouth in my ENTIRE LIFE.
For what? Nothing but simple vanity, in my humble opinion. But SHEESH! Would you look at the ROOT on that damn thing??? If it weren’t the harbinger of more financial woes, I’d be pretty dang impressed.
6 comments:
$3400 for an implant is silly if he doesn't NEED it. Change his face for him babycakes!
It is a fantastically impressive tooth though. You should send it off to the Natural History Museum.
*grin*
If the pull was free why is the other work so much?
Tough one here. It is part of his body. People are funny about that. If it were his motorcycle I couldn't see the justification (and not because motorcycles don't have teeth) but we all have our little quirks about our bodies.
Now the patronizing dillwad attitude seems uncalled for. Dillwad indeed!
LOL, Jen... I'm over my initial angry reaction now, but i still think the whole thing is silly. Of course, it's easy for me to say because I don't have dental issues and I never have.
And yes, RT, it's part of his body and he's allowed to be attached to ti and want a "new" one in it's place. I'm only frustrated because, like I said, I haven't spent that much money on my mouth in my whole life. :-)
AND THERE IT IS *pounce*
he's allowed to be attached to ti
Attached to ti *snicker**snicker* I didn't know he was such the musician?
HA HA HA, revenge is mine and revenge is soooo sweet!! (yeah, I know that sucked. Damn!)
I know your lack of pain about the dental situation. I haven't needed dental work since I was eight. We spent $14,000.00 on The Wife's mouth last year alone. Still better them than us if you know what I mean. ;)
I hope you feel better now, RT. :-)
Not as much as you would think. :(
The bog typo was a pretty good catch. Oh well, I'm keeping my eye on you ;)
Post a Comment