Thursday, July 03, 2008

Gone

The tortoises apparently didn't like the new beach at all, because they absconded.

I came home today to find MOUNDS and MOUNDS of dirt in the enclosure... and a HUGE tunnel inside their den.

We dug up the den and tried to dig out the tunnel... but it's too deep and too long. I can't see them and I can't feel them as far as my arm can reach.

I changed the water in their pool and put out food that they really like. I hope they come back.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm sorry!
:(

*hug*

Keep us posted!!

David said...

I never understood why animals work so hard to leave a place where people are waiting on them hand and foot. Don't worry, I'm sure when they get out in the big bad world and meet reality they'll come crawling back.

Seriously, I hope they're ok. :(