Yes, I'm back from the BC3D. There are precious few things in my life that never get old, and this event is surely one of them. Of course, I'm already registered for next year and must hold my breath again in hope that I will get the assignment that I want and love.
There were only two things that marred this event for me, and one is the old nemesis: the cellular phone. I'm not exactly sure why cellular phone use on the route sticks in my craw so bad, besides the fact that it's patently against the rules and wholly unsafe. And the rules are easy to follow: step off the route, stop walking, take your call, hang up, start walking again. This is not rocket science. Still people refuse to follow this simple rule. And then they act righteously indignant when their refusal to follow a basic rule is pointed out. I think the thing that makes this so hard for me to swallow is that it reminds me so much of what I do every day at work - except these are ADULTS who are being given a very simple set of rules and very obviously and defiantly failing to follow them. This is not the Olympics. No one is timing the Walk. Stopping along the route to take a call, or stretch, or chat with an onlooker is encouraged and expected. Why people will defiantly argue their right to endanger themselves and others with use of a cell phone - a cell phone that accepts messages!!! - is completely beyond my scope of understanding.
The other thing, well... it's really just the same old thing as well. Except that it's never happened in Girltopia before, at least not to me. I'm hoping that the infiltration of the "real world" into Girltopia was a one-time glitch, but I fear that the increasing numbers of men participating in the BC3D is going to allow the "real world" to infiltrate even further, perhaps even enough to occupy.
Pics to come!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well I don't have any ta tas but I damn sure don't want anything to happen to them. So many thanks for your dedication, commitment and efforts!
Ha! Rules only apply to everyone else because I know how to break them the right way. (he typed with a heavy dose of sarcasm) grrrr!
Can't wait to see the pics! :)
Sometimes during panting labor, a phone will ring in the room, and a mother pushing a child from her vagina will reach for it. I'm always screaming, "NOOOOO" in my head.
If I have to talk to you while you pee, I'll be okay, but if you answer the phone during labor I'm going to be forced to hang up.
So, is the BC3D a female-only event? Seems like some men would want to come, show their support, or walk for their loved ones...
AND, where are the damn pictures?!
The BC3D ISN'T a female-only event, and it's FABULOUS to see mroe and more men come out to walk, to support, to volunteer, to show and raise awareness. it's not the men that are the problem at all - as a matter of fact, they are a gift to the event.
The problem is how the WOMEN act when there are men around. Sheesh!
Post a Comment