Saturday, October 06, 2007

SCORE!!!!!!!!!!

My results from the Supervisor Exam came today.

I think I mentioned this before, but for continuity's sake I'll advise that the total score is made up from both the exam and the application. The application was weighted 25% and the exam was weighted 75%.

Application-wise, I have to figure that I did not get full points, as I have only been in the Senior position for a year and have only military full-responsibility Supervisor experience. Though I think my resume is probably "fuller" than most, most of my work experience is from employment outside of the Department, whereas most of my competition's work experience stems solely from employment with my Department. I'm guessing that the folks with primarily Departmental experience got higher application points than I did.

I finished the test (scheduled for 2 and 1/2 hours) in 25 minutes and felt pretty good when I walked out. When I came home, I looked up the questions that I could remember, and found that I missed two answers for sure. I subtracted 10 more points from the original two (counting answers that I missed, but don't know that I missed), and came up with a score of 88 on the exam (by my guesswork alone).

We were told that the exam scores would be graded on the Bell Curve. I figured that my range of 88 to 98 was probably in the upper 25%.

The notice with my combined score arrived in the mail today: combined score = 91.60.

A good score, right? But now I'm totally stressed because I don't know what the score really means. When I applied for the promotion to Senior, my score was (by application alone) 87.5. I found out later that I was #1 on the list. So, if the same rule holds true, I should be in good shape. However, what if the same rule doesn't hold true?? Does a combined score of 91.60 means that I am in the very bottom of the top 10%? Does it mean that I'm dead last on a list of 40 people because everyone else scored higher? Does it mean that I'm #1 on the list again with the top score?

AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Right now, I'm going to stay positive and project that a score of 91.60 means that I'll get an interview. That's really the important thing - and really the only reason for the scores in the first place. If I'm in the top ten, I'll get an interview (or two or three) for sure.

I'm keeping my spirits high and my fingers crossed... something has to change, and SOON!!!

5 comments:

David said...

I never doubted you :)

I'll be shocked if you don't get an interview and quite frankly, the promotion.

I would have given it to you based solely on the radio interview you did. Hell, I would have given it to you just because you asked ;))

I'll keep my positive thoughts going for you. (and my fingers crossed, of course)

Daughter of Night said...

Hey, RT, that's really good news... maybe you'll let me come work for you!!! :-)

I wish it worked the same way here... but I'm just gonna keep smiling and trying to get through each day until something - promotion, transfer, lottery win - happens.

Regadless, it's nice to know someone has faith in me. Thanks.

{{{RT}}}

Jen said...

First of all, congrats on the amazing testing! You rock!!!

Secondly, you're going to be in the top of your class. Why? Because the whole class didn't do better then you. I'll bet my last glass of soda on it!

Third. CONGRATS AGAIN!!!
WOO HOO interviews.
You definitely rock.
:-D

{{{{Daughter}}}}
(That's the first time I've made one of those huggy things!)

Daughter of Night said...

Thanks, Jen!! I'm going to start studying for interviews, because I HAVE to believe that it's good enough.

It just has to be.

{{{{{{{{{{{JEN}}}}}}}}}}

I like the huggy thingies!

Unknown said...

:-) But of course...
You are amazing.