
As you can see, the largest of my "stab wounds" is healing nicely. However, here is a photo of the same site in which I'm not pulling the skin up to expose the scar:

The skin fold you see is the result of the sub-cutaneous stitching that is holding my abdominal muscles together. I tore some of this stitching on Friday, so the swelling is making it slightly worse than it was last week, but the fact remains that even though I VEHEMENTLY stressed the importance of not messing with my body art during this surgery, these guys managed to still fuck it up, even if they didn't disturb the ink.
Not to mention that I REALLY liked my belly, and now I have this goofy skin fold. And if it grosses you out in this direct view, then I will save you the trauma of the horrific side view.
I am grateful for my ability to eat without feeling sick, for the disappearance of the night sweats I've been plagued with for years, and for the quick response to my distress. I am. The other side of the coin is that my belly was one of the very few parts of my body that I really thought was attractive, and now it's NOT. MSU says that it might be okay once the stitching is fully absorbed... in a YEAR... but dammit! I asked for ONE THING!!! Just ONE!!!
Okay, pity party's over. But I'm still pissed. And sad. And feeling rather like a hag, if the truth must be known.
4 comments:
People never listen, Bastards!
Even though I resisted clicking on the pictures to get a closer look at first, curiosity got the best of me and I finally did. I was a little relieved that they didn't blow up to some huge scar the size of my screen. lol
Seriously, it doesn't look too bad in the photos. It's only been a short time since they cut you. I'm sure it will heal-up just fine and you'll be super proud of your tummy once again.
Just consider it a start to well defined abs :D
The only thing I'm considering it as now is the prelude to the rest of my life with a deformed abdomen. Even if I had 4% body fat, that flap of skin (sans the fat layer under it) would still be there.
I'm not happy. Not remotely.
Too bad I'm already retired from belly dance - I'd sue.
Once all the sub-cu stitches dissolve it might flatten right back out. And it shouldn't take a year. :)
I didn't think it looked too bad in the photo either, but it is noticeable and it's all about how you feel about it...
Chances are the stitches will dissolve fully and your tummy will lay back down. Skin doesn't generally stay puckered once it's on it's own again!
{{{{{A}}}}}
How's the belly looking these days?
Post a Comment