It's sappy and rather unexplainable, but I enter every new year with a sort of blind and all-encompassing hope. It's really only symbolic - it's a new CALENDAR year and nothing else - but the first few days of January are always full of dreamy expectation for me.
This time, it's not just a new year, but a new decade! Talk about hope! Because in this decade:
*I will turn 50.
*I will be married for 30 years.
*All of my children will have reached majority.
*I will retire.
*I will certainly have grandchildren.
*I will be financially solvent, if not particularly wealthy.
*I will move out of California.
*I will finally quit smoking.
*I will have an "empty nest."
*I will continue to evolve.
I'm not starting fresh, but I'm sure as Hell starting anew. Do the day, my friends. Do the day and let the day do you.
Saturday, January 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment