We, the REASONABLE, LAW-ABIDING, and VESTED CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, agree:
Oh, wait. I guess I should offer some definitions first.
Reasonable: Holding one's self personally accountable for one's decisions. Recognizing that special circumstances often dictate special action. Committed to the concept that "liberty" implies limitations.
Law-Abiding: Upholding the rights of others as sacred as those of self. Refusing to impinge upon the liberty of others for personal gain. Recognizing the spirit of the law as well as the letter and using the tenets therein as guidelines for safe and progressive living.
Vested: Payer of taxes. Owner of property (or lessee who understands that "lease" does not mean "please use my property for your own personal trash bin"). Child's school attendance enforcer. Person whose sole income source is not state-subsidized, or person who accepts state subsidy only in an extreme circumstance and discontinues acceptance as soon as possible.
Citizen: American-born or naturalized person. Speaker of English. Person who has reached the age of majority and is subject to and protected by the Constitution of the United States. Tax-payer.
Now...
We, the REASONABLE, LAW-ABIDING, and VESTED CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, agree:
That a person who is injured in an automobile crash caused by mechanical malfunction of the vehicle which that person unlawfully took from another during a high-speed chase in which said person was attemtping to evade justice for the felony offenses they committed IS NOT entitled to funding from the law enforcement agency in question for expenses related to "pain and suffering."
That a person who commits egregious felony acts IS a criminal and shall be treated as such, up to and including loss of his/her Constitutionally-protected right to privacy.
That the previously mentioned person IS NOT entitled to funding from the law enforcement agency in question because "they treated me like a criminal."
That a person who is injured as a result of their own negligence or failure to incorporate the simple Laws of Physics into their daily routine IS NOT entitled to funding from the privately-owned business or franchise that provided a paid service which peripherally and incidentally contributed to said person's previously existing negligence. Further, that a person who enters the home or business of another with the intent to commit an illegal act or unlawfully impinge upon the rights of the persons therein IS NOT entitled to recompense from said resident or businessperson if injured during the commission of the aforementioned act.
That a person who wishes to become a naturalized Citizen of the United States of America is a person who will commit to learning the National Language and ensuring that their children learn it as well. Said person, who has expressed an interest in citizenship and all it encompasses by choosing to take up residence in the United States of America, IS NOT entitled to Constitutional protection, healthcare at the expense of citizens, state-subsidized income, or minimum wage until citizenship has been bestowed. Said person IS NOT entitled to remain illegally in the United States indefinitely.
That effective parenting is an obligation and a responsibility, not an inconvenience. Said parent IS NOT entitled to indefinite state-subsidized income based on the ability to procreate irresponsibly.
That drug use is a choice as well as a crime. A person who has lost their home, family, and dignity as a result of drug use IS NOT entitled to be surprised, nor are they entitled to state-subsidized income and healthcare based solely on their chosen "addict" status. Further, a person who has chosen to unlawfully impinge upon the rights of others in order to facilitate said person's choice to use controlled substances IS NOT entitled to "second chances," nor is that person entitled to taxpayer-funded programs outside of a custodial institution.
That Citizens of the United States of America are, each and every one, equally subject to and protected by the Constitution.
That this Memorandum of Understanding is an evolving document and will be referenced and updated over time.
(Just venting... but it does occur to me that the pen is mightier than the sword.)
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
'Memorandum of Understanding' that is beautiful, reason sanity and clarity. Just what is needed in an era of people not taking responsibility for their actions. When political gain overrides what is good for the people. When laws are not enforced and sentencing becomes a weak exercise while more and more criminals walk amongst us in our streets, I really feel that we're way past the tipping point, and that there will soon be some moments of extremism and some very profound decision making, perhaps the final cut.
Great rant Daughter.
"Past the tipping point..." Yes, my thoughts exactly...
..and I could've gone on and on and on, but got sleepy! There is definitely more to come.
It used to be that, with a bottle of White-Out and a black pen, one could take over the World.
I'm taking a more roundabout route to Empire. :-) Because, in reality, an absolute monarchy is the only thing that will save this Country from the decline that is already tumbling down its own slippery slope.
Want a knighthood? ;-)
Sir Harbinger is up, and ready for the fight.
Want to hear something sad? I laughed through the whole thing. Not because it's not the way it should be and the way it's suppose to be but because it's the exact opposite of how it is.
I wonder how many people would qualify as "We, the REASONABLE, LAW-ABIDING, and VESTED CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" by your definition? I assume you because you wrote it and I know my family would but how many more? Not many, even HB doesn't qualify. Sorry HB :(
The protesters in LA are prime example of how far you are from this dream. They wave Mexican flags and scream for constitutional rights and even want the police punished for enforcing the law. Which by the way more cops were hurt than protesters. Of course the press totally took the protesters side. That's how it is.
Your post should have started "I have a dream..." :(
Hooray! Another Knight!
My Empire is spreading already!!
:-)
{{{{HB}}}}
{{{{RT}}}}
RT, what do you mean I don't qualify!
I'm a vested citizen of the world and especially North America, and Iam going to make things right, you will see, mark my words, you can take that to the bank, I've had enough, I'm mad as hell and I ain't gonna take it any more, me and Gunslinger are just about ready.
Daughter, do you know of Bill Whittle.
His essays and logic are so profound for today, It's amazing, he has quite the following also.
He was away from his site for quite some time but now he is back, and it is getting very interesting what he is planning. He is at http://www.ejectejecteject.com/
I know you will love it, it's all about what you are relating, you are not alone.
You too RT,check it out.
HB I would take you in a minute :) I was just pointing out that we had to go to another country to get someone to agree with what should be obvious to all Americans. No knock against you.
As for the Gunslinger, I think she's blazing her own trail. The way I see it if her and Daughter agreed on a common goal look out world but if they disagreed... OMG!.. I shudder to think of what might happen ;)
HB, I haven't become acquainted with Mr. Whittle, but I will make it a point to check out his website!
I agree that Gunslinger is blazing her own trail... and she's either with me or against me: there is no in-between in the New Empire.
LOL
Agreed.
And there are many like us.
Post a Comment