I hate my supervisor.
Previously, I just disliked her. She is ineffectual as a leader and will throw anyone under a bus faster than you can say "what the fuck??" if she thinks that person has the potential to expose her for the fraud she really is.
Previously, I learned not to respect her as either a person or a supervisor because she is inconsistent, flaky, punctuality-challenged, deceptive, and backstabbing.
Previously, I felt guilty for dsiliking her and being impatient with her because she's over 60 years old and it's like being mad at my grandmother, for Heaven's sake. I would forgive my grandmother episodes of selective memory and utter contradiction between what she says and what she does, right??
Previously, I was frustrated because she obviously has serious control issues but cannot seem to make the connection between actually being in the office and being able to control things. She can't very well control everything from home, right?? And if she's pissed off because I've taken over, well, maybe she should fucking show up every once in a while???? Because I'd really rather just do MY job and not hers, too.
Previously, I was amazed at her stubborn resistance to the changing nature of our jobs and her utter refusal to roll with the changes. I was confused by her reactions to me and my collateral duties, for which I operate under a different level of supervision and which seems to really torque her off.
Previously, I was only wishing I could get a speedy transfer, preferably to a Unit with a Supervisor who is an effective and visionary leader.
Now, I hate her. Now I can only beg for a transfer to another Unit - ANY fucking Unit!! - before someone gets hurt or I do something really stupid.
Today's snarky revelation: I have crossed the line.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I understand trying not to be too hard on her (or having guilt) because she's at a grandmother age, but I have to tell you... My grandma is the freakin' devil! Never let that gray hair fool you. Gah. Run!!
Oh, I'm no longer fooled, Jen. If your grandmother is the Devil, then my boss is Beelzebub, sent by your grandmother to torment me.
Today was a tough day. Thankfully, most of my cowrokers got the vibe and steered clear!
RT, I think I crossed the line long ago and have just been in denial about it. Yesterday's incident was not all that bad... it was just "the squaw that stroked the camel's sac"... oh wait, I think I got that wrong....
However it happened, I'm just done. And today she played all nice-nice because she found outj she was wrong. But she still yanked my chain and made up some lame excuse for being a total bitch about the whole thing.
Grr.
I am deep into my sake now. Things will be better soon.
Um, I'm with RT. I hate her too now. Nasty crinkly old thing. Maybe she'll get a bald spot, or break a fingernail off into the quick! I'll keeping my fingers crossed that some of the bad karma I've stored up can head over her way...!
Post a Comment