Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What's Wrong With Me?????????

I feel like I've lost my will to live. Not literally. I'm sitting here like a bump on a log when I have things to attend to. Lots of them. But I'm... not.

I should be studying for the Supervisor's Exam that I've been invited to take on Saturday. I'm not. In fact, I've read 5 out of about 200 sections I need to study. Not to mention that my only hope of being competitive in this thing is to totally blow the curve. So why am I not studying? Beats the hell out of me.

I should be anticipating the workday tomorrow: shuffling the myriad things I have to do in my head and visualizing solutions so I'm not blindsided by all the stuff that I can't really foresee when I already know what I must accomplish in 9 hours. I'm not. Every time I start, I just feel overwhelmed.

I should be doing a couple of loads of laundry tonight. I'm not. I go in the other room every once in a while, convinced I'm going to get started, and just can't bring myself to do it.

I should be finishing my gear inventory. I was so excited about having a proposal approved, and now it's just something else on the to-do list that's not getting done.

I should have been granted a transfer by now. 3 other people in my Unit have had transfers granted, all of whom put them in after I did. Now we're down three people, I'm not one of them, and my scope of responsibility now encomapsses three times the number of things I cannot control. Seems a bit futile.

I should be pulling myself up by my bootstraps and getting over this little pity party. I'm not.

What the hell is wrong with me???????????

Grrr.

3 comments:

Jen said...

You're human. That's the problem...
When you get yourself pulled up, drop me a line and let me know how you did it so I can copy!
Good luck on your exam. I'm rooting for you!!!
(You'll do good. Go study.)
:-D

David said...

You're just overwhelmed. Who could blame you either.

Why do anything if you can't do it all, right? Apathy just waits for situations like this.

I've been there. If apathy were the color blue I would be a smurf by now. Probably Snappy Smurf, but that's not important. Just take one task at a time a soon enough you will see some light, but I think you knew that already.

Oh, and kick some ass around that house and get some help. Sounds like you need it.

And good luck on the exam, I know you'll do good because you're so damn smart.

Daughter of Night said...

Damn humanity!!!! :-)

Jen, if I discover the secret, you know I'll be the first to share!!

RT, I think your correlation between apathy and Smurfiness was brilliant!!

Just color me Smurfy!

Studying tomorrow. Fo Sho.