Friday, February 01, 2008

What I Did Today

I've posted these "Rules for Gunfighting" before, but decided today to make a slideshow for when I do certain types of training at work. Two of the images are pretty wonky, and I don't know how it happened (and I'll fix them, of course), but in general I'm pretty proud of myself because I've never done anything like this before!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

"In ten years no one will remember the details of caliber, stance or tactics. They will only remember who lived."

*nod*

I liked the slide show. More then I thought I would too...

Daughter of Night said...

Thanks, Jen. It's a silly thing, but I'm really proud of this! Tomorrow I will try to find out what happened to slides 4 and 9.
:-/

(Should I mention it took me six hours? I really am a techno-idiot).

Jen said...

I think it's great. I haven't ever made one, but it kinda makes me want to!

After rereading my comment, I just wanna say the "more then I thought I would" totally related to seeing the pictures and assuming it would be military related (which isn't my favorite subject) but I thought the statements were not only applicable but profound too.
I don't know if that sounds any better, but I sounded ridiculously smug the first time.
Hahaha.
Sorry!
:)

Daughter of Night said...

I tried to find images that were law enforcement related for the slideshow, but there just aren't enough good ones (that I can use, anyway) to do that.

Lately, "all things military" isn't most people's favorite subject. I agree with the current sentiment that it is time to bring our troops home, for lots of reasons. But, whether or not I agree with decisions being made, I support America and I will root ONLY for "our team." Undermining the war effort here at home (safe and snug in our comfy beds) doesn't seem to me to be a good way to "root for our team." Right or wrong, I'm for America.

Jen said...

Your a better man then I am, Gunga Din!