Friday, March 16, 2007

Fooled (Again!!)

Rebuked again, and only days
past your last attempt to bind me
your terse words meant to
place me firmly back
into the silent stasis
where you can find me
when you want me
but don't have to ever
really acknowledge me
Amazed again, how easily
I offer my wrists for the rope
and how quickly I'm
forgotten when I'm
bound and gagged and immobile
in your mind's darkness
and body's light
knowing that you should
love me or
let me
go


6 comments:

harbinger said...

Unwanted subversion.

harbinger said...

And deep down, thinking,
when did this all begin,
why is this happening?
why now.

Daughter of Night said...

But I allow it, don't I?

That is the heartbreak. That's that reality.

David said...

{{{daughter}}}

It's a shame the things we like most in life are usually bad for us. :(

I have a similar relationship with sugar :)

Except the ropes and the gag part. Sugar's not into that.

Good writing again! You do have the talent for it."

harbinger said...

Isn't it a Pity
George Harrison

Isn't it a pity
Now, isn't it a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking anymore
Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity

Some things take so long
But how do I explain
When not too many people
Can see we're all the same
And because of all their tears
Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them
Isn't it a pity

Isn't it a pity
Isn't is a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking anymore
Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity

Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity
Forgetting to give back
Now, isn't it a pity

Daughter of Night said...

RT: Yes. Certain poisons cause an ethereal bliss just before death. Toxicity is so compelling becuase it's easy to convince oneself that one is immune.

Harbinger: Thanks for the perspective. :-)