If anyone is interested in listening to the interview, you can go to www.kpbs.org and look for the section titled "These Days." There is an archive and today's interview should be at or near the top.
I earned my fear, because they asked questions that they hadn't prepared me for, so there is a lot of dead silence and "Ummmmm..." where my responses should be.
The good news is that the author that was a guest-by-phone pretty much dominated the entire segment and I didn't have to answer many questions at all. He also doesn't work for a bureaucratic agency and was able to say things like "ludicrous" and "idiots" without fear of repucussion, unlike the SANDAG analyst and I. I was thankful for him in more ways than one.
We only took three callers, and none of them had questions. Another boon!!
So, listen if you must, but go easy on me. I'm just glad it's over.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
You did great. Because you received questions that were not what you were prepared for, your responses came across as thoughtful and caring about the wards and represented the profession well. I hope you enjoyed it, because I think you were great. And Cindy wanted to let you answer all her questions...
I think you were phenomenal. You've jumped over a serious fear I share with you. I tried to listen attentively instead of daydreaming about your voice, but the word "sexual" keeps coming up!
*grin*
THanks, Tom. I listened to it when I got home last night and thought that it wasn't as bad as I had feared. AGain, I'm just glad it's over!
Jen: Thank you, though I know it wasn't phenomenal!! You crack me up, because if you could have seen me, you'd know that the deep huskiness of my voice was related to the paralyzing fear and resulting closed vocal chords!!! :-) LOL
I'm okay with that. I don't mind my women scared.
*grin*
I think you did very well though. Better then I could have done. And I thought it was better then the other chick. She had more "ummm" involved. :)
You were fantastic! I liked the way you sounded too! So I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that last part about the vocal cords and stuff:D
Well, it should make you both feel better to know that my voice really does sound like that. :-) It was that initial "Thank you" that was so totally choked that is was comical to listen to. :-)
My Chief asked me during an awards presentation today (yes, I got another stupid award) if I would do more. I said:
"With all due respect, Sir, Hell NO!!!"
:-)
I got your package too!
Thanks.
I'm gonna start on it tomorrow I think.
:)
I wish someone would start on my package tomorrow ;) lol
I have an AMAZING amount of dirty things I could say right now!!
LOL, Jen beat me to the thoughts that instantly popped into my head reference "your package." :-)
However, we know from Blogger History that packages/cards/letters that appear at your address are regarded with deep suspicion - I wouldn't DREAM of causing such a commotion!!!!
HA! To be honest I wasn't talking about a mail package, I was talking about a male package :|
Similar thoughts popped into my head when I read Jen would start on your package.
After that I couldn't resist. Sorry :( *feels like a dirty old man*
:-)
Post a Comment