Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rejection...

...SUCKS.

Especially when it's after the fact.

Rejection at first glance is an easy thing to deal with: there are myriad reasons why such a judgment is being made, and most of them don't have anything to do with the rejectee. First-glance rejection doesn't necessarily mean being personally dismissed out-of-hand.

But after the fact? That can only mean one - or all! - of three things:

1. I did/said/sucked/handled something wrong.

2. I didn't do/say/suck/handle something right.

3. I'm fundamentally wrong. Or ugly. Or smelly. Or whatever. Insert self-deprecating assumption here.

All I can say is that folks would save me - and themselves - a whole lot of time and energy if they'd just take the time to decide prior to the judgment becoming personal. Because I'm too old for this shit. Seriously.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Sometimes there's a couple other reasons, and I mean this, sometimes your dismissed personally because:

4. The person doing the dismissing can't see what's blatantly in front of him/her.

5. You make the person doing the dismissing recognize the flaw within him/herself that's like a spotlight is shined on it when your around.

I mean that.
Sometimes your brushed off because of their faults. That's not hopeful thinking - it's the truth.
You'd tell me exactly the same thing if the situation were reversed. Open your eyes and see this situation for what it TRULY could be.
*hug*

Time Traveller said...

I was thinking of something intelligent to say but Jen said it prefectly

'Sometimes you're brushed off because of their faults.' :)

Daughter of Night said...

I hadn't thought of it that way, ladies, and I truly appreciate your insight. I was feeling pretty crappy yesterday, but I feel better now!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jen said...

You got spammed!!!!