Just before the choir I direct went on stage for yesterday's Law Enforcement Memorial, I snuck out back and had a cigarette.
When I came back, I learned I wasn't as sneaky as I thought, because one of the Commanders from our Sheriff's Department (who sings in the choir) gave me an uber-disapproving look and mournfully asked, "Why do you smoke? Why?"
Rushed, stressed, and sweaty, I retorted, "Because they won't let me drink at work."
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
*laugh*
Smoking does stink, but drinking would equate to me saying what was really on my mind thus being out of a job soon after!
;)
I suspect the same might be true with you too!
Ha!
Here I am thinking you're about close to perfect and you smoke?!!
Stop it!!!
Now drinking I get. Maybe not on the job though... maybe not. :D
And a picture or two of you with the choir wouldn't be a horrible thing. I'm just sayin'.
Jen: Just so. ;-)
RT: I HAVE stopped it. Several times. I'll stop again sometime soon.
I wish I HAD pictures... if people take them, I've never seen them. Someone told me that one of the local TV stations actually showed the Choir this year (with me in front doing my thing), but the station that I watch didn't show the choir at all. Just as well . . I'm sure I look pretty silly up there. ;-)
I doubt you look silly.
We need more picture of you!
Get on that Daughter.
:-D
PictureSSSS. There should be an "s" on the end of that!
:)
Post a Comment