So, my small and well-loved (and still fairly new and exciting) circle of bloggers has been discussing music lately... reminder songs, MP3 players, earphone etiquette, etc. I've had my iPod at work for several months, hooked up to a mini set of speakers, but I rarely have the chance to listen as people are wandering in and out of my cubicle all day asking me stupid questions and acting like I've invited them in for coffee.
So, the first day of my long-awaited vacation arrived (today) to find me - where else?? - in the office finishing up MY work that didn't get finished yesterday because I was too busy doing my Supervisor's work. Since I'm going to be out for almost two weeks, I figured I better lock up my radio and other gear that I'm not going to take home... and lo! and behold! there's my little iPod looking lonely and forlorn behind my computer monitor. I put it in my pocket, locked up the speakers with my 800 Mhz radio, and brought it home.
Oh, I had forgotten!!!! The past several hours have been me, my earphones, and my iPod... just puttering around the house getting some chores done... but what an adventure!! Songs I haven't heard in years!!! Dancing naked in the kitchen because I can!! The seeming solitude of the earphones trasported me to a stage that I left as a young woman and haven't returned to since... dancing like there's no tomorrow! Singing at the top of my lungs!! And feeling so very young and alive.
It's only the first day, and already I feel more whole than I have since June.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Dancing naked in the kitchen because I can!!" I sure would like to see that. "That" being that song list on your ipod of course.*wink*
Enjoy every minute girl. You earned it!
It is surely a dazzling sight to behold.
The list, I mean.
:-)
Post a Comment