Friday, December 21, 2007

Out of Nowhere...

... it just happens. A moment of grace. I try to take the time to memorialize each one, because they are so rare, so glorious, so unexpected, and so very treasured.

MSU: Gang meeting. Gone until at least 10:00pm.

Tamara: Movie night with friends. Home very late.

Isabeau: Sleepover at a friend's house. Home tomorrow.

Which left me with Brittany, and I had planned to get her to help me do some last minute prep for the Holiday Sing. But...

Brittany: Called into work. Home at 9:oo.

And there it is. At least four hours of blissful solitude. The silence in this house right now is positively ethereal. I can make what *I* want for dinner. I can do anything... or nothing.

Today I am grateful for unexpected solitude.

3 comments:

David said...

I saw this last night but I just left you to yourself ;)

I hope you enjoyed it!

Jen said...

It's a holiday miracle!!
Congrats Daughter.
:)

Daughter of Night said...

Thanks, you two. A Yuletide miracle to be sure!