Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Taking a Stand

Well... not really. It's a minor defiant act at best.

I called in sick today. I am really sick, and have been for a while. But generally I try to power through minor illnesses because taking time off means having to go back even more behind than usual. But not today. Today I am invoking my right to stay home when I am not feeling 100%. Today I am invoking my right to using sick time for mental health. Today I am rebelling against a society that pumps OTC medication so we can ignore the signals our bodies graciously give us and go to work when we are SICK. Today I'm taking care of ME and everyone else can just bugger off.

Until the kids come home, anyway. But that's hours from now!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better...

David said...

Did you ever get in to see a doctor to find out what you have?

Sit back and relax, you deserve it. Forget about "The Man" and take the time you need. Maybe a soaking in a hot bath will help? lol