My family has military healthcare. Which, generally, has been a real blessing. I pay $460.00 PER YEAR to insure my family. That includes free prescriptions and no copays.
The downside is that, living in San Diego, it's pretty tough to actually access my healthcare system because of the number of active duty and retired military living here. Going to the Naval Medical Center is an all-day affair, because it take HOURS to find parking. Making an appointment for non-urgent care is something that has to be planned months in advance. And God forbid you have an emergency! The only time I didn't spend four hours in the waiting room of the ER was when I appeared with meningitis and was whisked immediately to the quarantine room. I once asked for a suture kit while waiting in the ER with one of my children... it truly would have been easier to just do it myself (they didn't give it to me).
They do the best they can, and I'm usually impressed with the quality of care I receive. It cost me $17.00 to have each of my children (and that was with the services of midwives, not doctors). If we need immunizations, we can just walk into the clinic and get them. I can access mental health systems, plastic surgery, rheumatology, state-of-the-art oncology, drug and alcohol rehabilitation, mammography, and every other specialty you can think of only 30 minutes away and without a referral.
Until last week.
As mentioned in a comment, I've been troubled with gastrointestinal distress lately. As mentioned, MSU is a former Navy Corpsman, Operating Room Technician, and Diver Medic. MSU is pretty sure I have an ulcer. I blew him off until about a week ago, when I presented with a classic and scary symptom of a bleeding peptic ulcer. Which, of course, can kill a person. Which, of course, gave me the motivational boost I needed to actually get myself checked out and stop assuming that the problem would solve itself once things at work changed a bit.
I called the appointment line for the TriCare clinic that is assigned as my Primary Care Provider and was surprised when it just rang and rang and rang. No message, no queue, no tones or a "disconnected" recording. I tried several times with the same result.
Next, I went to the website and attempted to make an online appointment. No appointments were available. Apparently ever.
Then, I linked over to the Naval Medical Center website and looked for clinic information that way. The telephone number they had on the NMCSD website was the one for the clinic BEFORE they got the number that is now, evidently, defunct.
Then, I called Information. They gave me the number I had tried first. So, of course, I tried again. Same deal: just rang and rang and rang.
So, Wednesday evening, after work, I am going to drive to the clinic as a walk-in. I haven't been as a walk-in since my active duty days (active duty in uniform always get priority), but I figure if no one can get in touch with the clinic for an appointment, I'm a shoe-in to be seen right away.
WTF??
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Helloooo... get your ass to a doctor, now please!
I don't understand a health care provider that doesn't answer the phone. It sounds hinky to me. I hope you have a plan "B"... and soon. :(
Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.
AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.
Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!
I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://buzihupohy.freecities.com/lygufat.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money
Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.
AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.
Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!
I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ajuziquke.s-enterprize.com/ehawaj.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money
Glad to materialize here. Good day or night everybody!
For sure you didn’t here about me yet,
my parents call me James F. Collins.
Generally I’m a venturesome gambler. for a long time I’m keen on online-casino and poker.
Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
Probably, it will be interesting for you to read my notes.
Please visit my web page . http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be interested on your opinion..
Post a Comment