The jury is still out on how I feel about this. I can relate, however, that of about 70 photographs of the event, the one at the top where you can see me is the ONLY one of me and my husband together.
Health Update: The "ulcer" theory has been sacked and the new theory in practice is "gall bladder/gall stones." I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 25th and they took about a gallon of blood today for reasons known only to medicine. I love how these little body mysteries take MONTHS to solve while I spend several hours each day debilitated by pain and afraid to eat. Ha!
Disrespect update (this update correlates to the Gang Update above): MSU's gang (you can view the website at www.wolfpackmc.org) has a rather unique philosophy. The club is open to members of all races, genders, orientations, and bike preferences. Which, on the face of things, seems like a radically wonderful idea.
HOWEVER... (and here's the disrespect part)
There are now three women involved in MSU's chapter. one is a full-patch member (Hispanic, heterosexual, and very young. You can see her in the pictures above - long brown hair with red highlights). One is a "prospect" (lesbian, late 30's, not visable in the photos above.) The other is has been recently designated an official "hangaround." I haven't met her yet, but she seems to be sassy, hetero, and a bit spoiled.
Here's the thing: the reason that most motorcycle clubs don't allow women is because women are DIVISIVE. A group of men can hang out until the cows come home without any problems. Add one woman and she's the little princess who can do no wrong. Add two women and one is going to be jealous of the other and try to win favor from the men, sometimes with extreme and untoward behavior. Add another and the intrigue begins in earnest. And THAT'S where MSU's gang is now. The President recently asked me what I would do at this juncture to further the club's vision. I told him that not only should he refrain from actively recruiting women, but should actively NOT ACCEPT women until the ratio of men to women in the club ranks is significantly increased on the XY side. He looked at me like I had suddently grown another head. Why? Because having members of both genders is intrinsic to the club's charter. Pardon my vulgarity, but what a fucking mistake that was. I told MSU later that if they allow more women into the chpater, the women will take over and NOBODY will be happy. I guarantee it.
I hate dissing my own gender, but that's the way of it. There are precious few women that can stand the sight of THEMSELVES, much less another woman, even much less several other women. Keep in mind that these are women that are coming together not because they have become natural friends, but because they have demonstrated interest in a peripheral activity. This, in and of itself, begets competition.
All I can say is: Woe to MSU's gang. Having one female was working out just fine. Having two was probably recoverable, given the different orientations. Three? Look out!!! The gang is about to change, and NOT for the better!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Updates and a Little Disrespect
Gang Update: MSU has been "patched."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I hate to hear about the gall bladder/gall stones. I did a little reading and it sounds like you might be headed for surgery. :(
http://health.yahoo.com/digestive-overview/gallstones-topic-overview/healthwise--hw107153.html
It does sound like what you described. I hope they're on the right track. I'll be pulling for you. Please keep us updated.
As for the MSU and 'The Gang' I don't get it but to each their own. Congrats to him I guess. Sad for you because the whole thing sounds like a fubar waiting to happen.
I have to admit, the way you wrote about it, I did chuckle more than once as I read it. So thanks for that :)
(((Daughter)))
Any job news???
Any updates on the GI front?
No updates... I saw the internist and he ditched the ulcer theory, so I didn't have to have the GI. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 25th, as we are now working with a gall stone/gall bladder theory. The new meds he gave me make me feel really weird, so I'm now med-free again. It's working out as long as I only eat once per day and time it so I don't start feeling crappy until I'm on my way home.
"Mustang?" Is that a synonym for "stud?" 2 hetero women, hmmmmm.
I agree on the women issue in what is traditionally a male domain (biker clubs, at least ones emulating outlaw motorcycle gangs.)
Bummer...
Hi Paul! Thanks for stopping by!
"Mustang" actualy refers to his military career... he was a "mustang" in the Navy - an enlisted man who was commissioned.
Yes, it's a bummer to recognize the divisive nature of many of the members of my gender. I don't think, in an ancestrtal environment, that this bizarre behavior would have surfaced. Seems that women have become incresingly unaware of their own power and influence over social structures and it's both disheartening and disturbing. Women have become selfish, vain creatures and have completely forgotten their purpose on this planet.
Oops, I'll get off my soapbox in the comments section and think about posting this theory in more detail in another post!
Post a Comment