I have one of these bad boys at work. I use it for everything from casework dilemmas to on-the-spot homicide decisions ("Oh, Magic 8 Ball, does my Supervisor really deserve to live another day??). Other people routinely stop by my cubicle to pay homage to the Magic 8 Ball and seek its wisdom and knowledge. Some stomp out looking like they will cry at any second. Others leave elated and will consistently refuse to explain the little squeal that emitted from their throat upon turning the Magic 8 Ball over to reveal its mysterious message from beyond.
In case you are wondering, I keep the services of the Magic 8 Ball free of charge. I feel it's more karmically beneficial that way. Don't think for a second that I wouldn't capitalize on the Magic 8 Ball like a big ol' gray dog tick on a big ol' white sheepdog if I weren't terrified of Divine judgment in the matter.
But I digress.
Have a go or two at the Magic 8 Ball. Do you find you are asking questions you already know the answers to? Are you asking the same question over again when the Magic 8 Ball doesn't respond with the "right" answer? Do you feel strangely melancholy when the Magic 8 Ball supplies you with an answer that you long suspected was true but were afraid to acknowledge?
Why is that, do you think?
The moral of the story: you ARE the Magic 8 Ball. Trust your gut.
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Magic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL very funny! Maybe a tip jar next to it would bring in the cash :)
Normally I wouldn't even bother with such a silly thing as a magic Eight Ball *he says with a mocking tone* (ok, that's a lie ) but I'm sitting by myself, in a hotel, in Atlanta so I figured I'd give it a shot. I asked it two questions;
Are you real magic eight ball? Answer "Yes"
Are you sure? Answer " without a doubt"
Can't argue with that can you? Now I know where to come for the answers to the more serious questions in life.
I'm laughing so hard there are tears running donw my face because I've asked the Magic 8 Ball in my cubicle variations of those exact questions more times than I can count. Oh, hee hee hee.
Why are you alone in a hotel room?
Now I'm laughing because asking the eight ball if it's real is like asking a thief if you could trust him to hold your money. And we both fell for it.
I'm in Atlanta on a road trip for work. It's what I have to do to pay them damn bills. Of course I had to come on the wettest coldest day of the year and my work will keep me outside all day. I really hate these trips to be honest but I'll be home Thursday so no big deal. Have a great day.
Post a Comment