I checked my helmet for a target. My guess is that I'm the only one who can't see it.
Today I was hit in the head with several things that people nonchalantly tossed out of the windows of their cars while driving. The things I recognized were:
3 lit cigarettes
A fast food cup, complete with leftover ice and straw
A Kleenex/napkin, wadded up as if used
I personally saw these items leave the hands of careless drivers to impact my head only a fraction of a moment later. There were several more items, not personally witnessed, that bounced off various body parts, one of which scared the holy hell (now there's a disassociative term) out of me when it hit my safety glasses (still have no clue what it was, but I sure didn't see it until it was RIGHT THERE).
The obvious community service message about littering probably does not need to be reiterated here. I'm am positive that every single one of those people knew that throwing their personal garbage out the window at a high rate of speed is not okay. And the lit cigarettes? We've been in Red Flag status since the middle of January and the recent rain did little to ameliorate it. Apparently San Diegans have already forgotten how many of us lost our loved ones and homes in 2003.
It's about SAFETY, people!! Mine, in particular (today, anyway)... but everyone's as a general rule.
:::::sigh:::::
All of that notwithstanding, I have to say that I'm disappointed in my fellow humans today. And thankful for our helmet law!!
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
See I thought since the litter was made of the same particles you are you could become one with the litter and let it pass right on through you. :)
I know you work for the police department but are you a cop? You need to go all blue light on these losers.:)
Did you see someone using my name on Marianita blog? I should go all caveman on them. If I knew what that meant, and where they live, and who they are..... I guess there's nothing I can do *shrug*
You and I: powerless to change today's events!!!
So...
"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." :-)
If you decide to "go all caveman," please let me know in advance so I can video. :-)
A
Post a Comment