Saturday, February 03, 2007

Reality Check

7 people almost killed me today, and not a single one of them realized it until it was already too late. I'm sure none of them meant to, but that does not negate the seriousness of the issue. Lucky for me I ride a motorcycle AND pay attention to what's going on around me and can usually get out of the way of a random lane change or sudden left turn from the right-hand lane.

Please, please, PLEASE don't try to talk on your cell phone and drive at the same time. Ditto apply makeup and ditto discipline your children. You might think you're the best driver on the face of the planet, but I'm here to tell you that when you are behind the wheel of your several-thousand-pound vehicle multitasking should NOT be your goal. Make driving your first priority and give it your full attention.

I'm begging you. My nerves are shot, folks.

No comments: