Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Clark Brothers

These guys are amazing. I mean amazing.

Just a band of brothers who grew up doing tent revivals with their dad... and here they are, competing on "The Next Great American Band" and tearing the roof of the sucker.

I've enjoyed The Clark Brothers since the beginning of the season... for their musicianship, for their passion, for the way they have me totally and uncompromisingly convinced of whatever it is they're demonstrating in that performance... and because I've never seen ANYTHING like that slide guitarist. I didn't know that instrument could even do that stuff.

But the reason this particular performance is so meaningful to me is because I'm not a fan of the Rolling Stones in any way, shape, or form. But The Clark Brothers heard something completely different in this very dark and belligerent song, and brought it to glorious, mesmerizing, and enchanting life. And for just a few moments, I believed.

No comments: