Sunday, November 25, 2007

Today's Lesson

I know how to read Tarot cards. It's a silly thing, really. It's something I generally do as a gift to friends and family on the Sabbats, or when asked in special circumstances. As Yule approaches, I will do many readings for people who wish to discern direction in their lives.

So, today I was practicing on myself, which is more difficult than it seems. It's difficult to interpret the message of the Oracle when I could apply the general meaning to just about any situation in my life. It's especially difficult when there are messages that I am seeking, which often clouds the purpose of the layout and does not allow for objectivity in interpretation.

Reading the Tarot is much easier for others, as I am generally not privy to the obstacles, blessings, and challenges in their lives. Not all of them, anyway.

This is what I learned about myself today, presented as I would to whomever I was conducting the reading for (using a one-card spread designed to discern decisions that need to be made to fulfill one's purpose):



Give up on trying to be "normal" and relax into your eccentricities.

You have a choice in regard to a possible sacrifice you might have to make for the sake of personal and spiritual development. Rather than a sacrifice of some thing, it will be a sacrifice of an outer layer of yourself that is no longer necessary nor appropriate.

The Oracle suggests and recommends that your unique experiences, the peculiar qualities of consciousness that you move through in a day, are not just the product of a skewed imagination. You have moved toward your purpose without much thought or will - as is the way of things! - but it is now time to recognize your impact, gifts, and personal power and manifest them consciously.

You are in some ways extra sensitive to the forces which move the weather, roll the tides, and speak through Nature. There is a purpose for your heightened awareness, and you must now determine the right use of these special skills of yours, without concern for the opinions of others. Pursue your studies or embark upon an apprenticeship, or just be more attentive to the way you make important decisions in your everyday life. Forget about fitting in or even being understood. The time for camoflauge has passed.

1 comment:

David said...

You've posted a lot of things that have surprised me about you but this does not. Reading Tarot cards is exactly something I would expect from you :)

And your reading doesn't surprise me either. I would guess anyone who has met you realizes you are a unique individual with a firm grasp on life. :)