
Today I looked in the mirror and realized that my hairline has receded so far back that I have a fivehead instead of a forehead. So I went on a pilgrimage for a talented stylist who could hide that vast expanse of head.
You can see the results above.
Isabeau and I found "Elements," a newer salon in the urban renewal area of my city. They, fortunately, take walk-ins, so in we went. And Darcie, a tiny and lovely young lady, was assigned to update my 'do. Truly, there wasn't a stylist in the place who wasn't young, tiny, and lovely, with one hardly-worth-mentioning exception of a superlatively coiffed and handsome young man. Which made me feel old, frumpy, and horribly ungirly right off the bat.
I told Darcie what my issue was, and also advised her that I DON'T "do" my hair. What you see is what you get. I shower in the morning, apply a dollop of cream to tame the frizzies, and out the door I go. Sometimes I take one extra step and throw the whole mess up into a ponytail. I told her that she could do whatever she wanted to my hair - she's the professional, after all - but it had to be something that doesn't have to be "done."
Bless her gorgeous, young, and smooth-skinned heart, Darcie chose instead to do her best to bring this head into the New Millenium. And I gotta admit, it looks great.
BUT... it took her (a professional) 45 minutes to straighten JUST THE FRONT of my hair (the back, that you can't see, is still the untamed mass of curls I was born with), using 5 different styling products, a blowdryer and a round brush, a flatiron, and a curling iron. You'll notice that the bangs she cut so artistically DO NOT cover my fivehead, but DO cover one eye (one eye that I will presumably need to do my job, drive, and take care of my house and children). Perhaps the most important consideration is that there is no way in Hell that I will EVER take the time to do this to my hair. Which I thought I explained in great detail BEFORE we started.
But here we are. I have entered GirlWorld but I'm pretty sure I won't be staying long. Only until my next shower.
9 comments:
*whistle* Doesn't look like failure to me.
I hate getting my hair cut. Shave it off is what I say:)
I LOVE getting my hair cut. But this time it was a kind of pathetic thing. :-(
Um, very very hot!
Whoooo HOT!
I'm not sure what else I can say expect w00t w00t HOT.
;)
LOL.
Yes, I like it too.
BUT, as I mentioned, it only looked like that for about 7 hours.
Now it just looks the same as always.
:-/
So...
I was never going to tell you but generally I have to cut and paste your blogs unto a Word document/blank email. I can't read colored words (even white) on a black background without getting sick.
At the point that I started doing that, I realized how important you were to me, as it wouldn't be something I'd bother with for most people's thoughts...
I almost sent in a post card to Postsecret.
*wink*
Whoa... this is different. Me likes, but it will take some getting use to.
You don't have to answer this, you know the whole "it's your prerogative" thing but have you lost weight recently? That picture of you makes you look very skinny. Not sure why though...
Ack! Jen, you should have said something!!!!! I wasn't really attached to that template... it just seemed to fit the whole "darkness" thing. I'm glad this one is better for you. ;-)
RT - I've been having some issues with my stomach for about 4 months - MSU thinks I have an ulcer, oh joy of joys - but yes, i have lost some weight because i get sick every time i eat. :-(
*I* think it's stress. I'll be fat, dumb, and happy again once I get a transfer.
I'll be fat, dumb, and happy again
Sure... one out of three ain't bad. ;)
Tough way to lose weight :(
I hope you're seeing a doctor about this. I don't doubt the ability of the MSU to diagnose stomach problems but I for one would like to see you get a second opinion.
You know you people in your forties need to keep a close eye on your health. lol
Well, I guess that leads me to my next blog topic.... :-)
Post a Comment