Tuesday, December 04, 2007

In Other News...

Update: I went to my Primary Care Clinic today, as my efforts to access my healthcare continued to fail despite numerous resources. I filed a complaint, seeking action, that the PC website, 411, and the NMCSD website had all not been updated with the new appointment access number for the clinic. The receptionist actually rolled her eyes at me. No matter.

No one could see me today, as this clinic apparently no longer takes walk-ins regardless of their status. And though my symptomology dictated "acute care," there were no "acute" appointments available until January. Sort of made me wonder if the definition of "acute" had changed. Anyway, I was able to access another clinic (even less convenient to me than my regular clinic) and get an appointment for the 14th of this month. Which will work just fine. I've survived this long!!

Update: I didn't get promoted again. And even though there has been plenty of movement in the Department, none of my transfers have been granted. The most recent promotee is a friend of mine and actually has a position currently that I would be interested in if I could assimilate my FTO duties into it, but when I presented this idea to the Deputy Chief, she was less than enthusiastic. I may submit a transfer for that position anyway, just to escape my current position. However, I don't want to bite the hand that feeds me nor do I want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Aren't colloquialisms fun?

Update: MSU is driving me insane. Not necessarily with anything he's actively doing, but more with what he's refusing to acknowledge. "No, honey, I can't go on that ride with you all... we have kids and they have activities that you INSISTED that they participate in and SOMEONE has to get them there." "Sure, honey, I can write you a check for $178 for the Shaver Lake trip and another $210 check for your "patches," but I can't write a check for the deposit for the Yuma Prison Run trip because we have kids and bills and a mortgage and a trip to Japan that was promised our soon-to-be-graduating daughter and a finite amount of money coming in. Yes, I know that means you might not be able to get your reservation. Yes, I understand that this is a "mandatory" trip. Maybe you should augment our income by working a couple of per diem shifts in the OR at Grossmont?" Insert MSU's indignant rage at the suggestion here.

Update: My 17-year-old daughter is having more and better sex than I am. And that's just wrong on so many levels.

Update: I have a new crush! Oh, it's been so long since I was actively crushing (see original post here) that I had forgotten what a magical and portentious thing it really is. This crush is sooooooo much better, though. This one is actually worthy of the intensity of "crushing." Yes, I know how juvenile and goofy I am. I'm a passionate person, so gimme a break already!!

Update: I think I'm addicted to Diet Rockstar. Two o'clock rolls around and I can feel that monkey squirming around on my back like he's on fire. Lucky for me no one thinks to monitor that soda machine down in the cafe (it's been mentioned by several people that I probably shouldn't be augmenting my natural spazziness with "organic" speed). I've got my connection, baby. And I know the Coke Man comes to fill the machine every Tuesday.

mmmmmm. Diet Rockstar.

4 comments:

David said...

Update #1: Sounds like what our friends in other countries are enjoying with universal health care. I'm glad you're getting seen. Sooner would have been better but at least you're taking it serious.

Update #2: :( I still think you'll get what you deserve in good time. Have patience.

Update #3: Ha, put him on a gang budget. Tell him he gets X amount of dollars a month for gang related expenses. Then let him figure out how to juggle it. The thought of that makes me laugh.

Hey bill, let's go knock over the gas and sip for fun!

Damn! I can't dawg. I don't have enough money left in my gang budget for ammo. Maybe next week when I get my allotment?


Update #4: Not only is it wrong but way to much information. I NEVER want to know when my little girl has sex. Even when she gives birth I'll be like "I wonder how the hell that happened? It must be a miracle" :)

Update #5: Interesting. And how does one keep from acting on a crush? I seem to only get crushes on TV and movie stars. It doesn't get much safer than that. Unless it was a dead movie star :-|

Update # 6: Never heard of the stuff but if it's diet... why not? Hey... is the Coke man your new crush? It all makes sense now, yes it does ;)

Daughter of Night said...

Oh, hee hee hee. I think you've just proposed the Idea of the Day.

Jen said...

"And how does one keep from acting on a crush?" -RT

Lots of cold showers.
*wink*

David said...

:)