
In thinking about what I've been told by various medical personnel during yesterdays' adventure at NavMedCenSD, I've been feeling rather guilty about how I've treated my internal organs. It's a silly sentiment, but I honestly feel it.
The thick, rigid, scarred walls of my "jacked up" gall bladder are a testiment to how long it has valiantly attempted to do its job under the duress of dysfunction with no help from me whatsoever. Though I don't have many of the risk factors for gall bladder disease (besides being a female over 40), the fact is that I've never tried to do anything to protect the little guy - and the little guy in question has been doing all kinds of stuff to protect me. The fact that I've only been having symptoms for a few months, when the scar tissue that has accumulated is the result of years of chronic inflammation and clogging, is proof positive that my gall bladder is a fearless warrior who has fought for my body's continued absorption of Vitamins A, D, E, and K despite its own pain and compromised ability. If I could salute my gall bladder and tell it to stand down, I would.
Stand down, little soldier, and let the others take the watch from here. I apologize for taking you completely for granted, and for expecting so much from you while giving you so little to work with. In a few days you will have the rest your dedication has earned.
The thick, rigid, scarred walls of my "jacked up" gall bladder are a testiment to how long it has valiantly attempted to do its job under the duress of dysfunction with no help from me whatsoever. Though I don't have many of the risk factors for gall bladder disease (besides being a female over 40), the fact is that I've never tried to do anything to protect the little guy - and the little guy in question has been doing all kinds of stuff to protect me. The fact that I've only been having symptoms for a few months, when the scar tissue that has accumulated is the result of years of chronic inflammation and clogging, is proof positive that my gall bladder is a fearless warrior who has fought for my body's continued absorption of Vitamins A, D, E, and K despite its own pain and compromised ability. If I could salute my gall bladder and tell it to stand down, I would.
Stand down, little soldier, and let the others take the watch from here. I apologize for taking you completely for granted, and for expecting so much from you while giving you so little to work with. In a few days you will have the rest your dedication has earned.
5 comments:
:)
What kind of help could a person give their gall bladder?
I don't know where my mind is these days but at first glance, when the gall bladder diagram popped up I thought we were going to be talking about... something else :p
Less fat, more whole grain. That's the kind of help I didn'tgive. :-)
LOL, you certainly are having some kind of Freudian issues over there!!! LOL
oops! I'm guilty as well :(
Hell, I am a Freudian issue. :|
Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.
- David
Post a Comment