Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cunt-Magic

I finished one of the books I received as a Yule gift: American Gods. It's a fascinating read, and I highly recommend it. One of many powerful paragraphs that caught my eye is this:

"She has power, true, but it's hunger-magic, cunt-magic. It has kept her alive in this land for so long, but for everything else she uses her sharp eyes and her mind, her height and her presence."

So much is said and unsaid in this paragraph that it makes me shudder every time I re-read it.

Back in my college days, as we wended our way through post-modern feminism and feminist philosophy, I was often lambasted for my fundamental denial of the feminist position as valid. The only thing that feminism has served to do, I argued, is seperate women from their inherent power base. Feminism - early, modern, or post-modern - has taken everything away from us and given us nothing in return. We have willingly - excitedly, even! - given up our power as a Mystery and chosen to become grounded and mundane. I could go on and on about what we, as a gender, have sacrificed and how those sacrifices have poisoned our culture, but it is something earthier that compels me here.

Cunt-magic. How long has it been since I practiced it? I can't say for certain, but I know that it's been so long that I can't remember the last time. Seems that I, too, have forgotten my power, have denied my Divinity. Apparently, I, too, have relied on my mind and presence to dictate my actions and to control my little eco-sphere. I, too, have squelched the power of my hunger so often and so thoroughly that I am surprised when it emerges and have to take a few moments to recognize it for what it is. I've been brainwashed - again! - without even realizing it!

The good news is that I'm pretty sure it's not too late. I still remember when just the thought of sharing my gifts was a source of joy; I still remember when sex was a ritual of amazement and hunger, when I fed my soul as eagerly as I fed another's. Sitting here typing, I'm fairly certain that I remember how to work that magic; I'm sure that the Mystery is even now awakening and clawing its way out of the shallow grave of subversion in which it was subconsciously interred.

Hunger-magic. Cunt-magic. Stand aside and kiss my ass, Dr. Laura. I'm bringing out the big guns.

19 comments:

David said...

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about here but even if I did I'm not sure I would touch a topic like "Cunt-Magic" :) lol

Daughter of Night said...

LOL, RT. I wouldn't expect you to know. :-)

I didn't have sufficient time to fully flesh this idea out in the post... perhaps I will try again another day. :-)

Daughter of Night said...

{{{{{{{Jen}}}}}}}

It hasn't. I know that you remember, too. :-)

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Álvaro said...

I came, I saw, I left a note.

(I was looking for something related to "Californication" tv-show, you know, Daisie's magic cunt. Google brought me here though I think I found much more of an interesting answer than the one I was looking for)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

whats up everyone


great forum lots of lovely people just what i need


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So I bit the bullet -- bought myself a [url=http://www.ordio.com.au/products/Fatman-iTube-ValveDock-with-Speakers.html]Fatman iTube Dock[/url] and I've got to say I made out like a bandit. I actually listened to one at a friend's house several months ago and just couldn't get that music out of my head because it blew me away. I searched everywhere for a great deal and finally found it at [url=http://www.ordio.com.au]Ordio[/url] in Westfield Bondi Junction. I phoned them first and asked a bunch of questions and everything was answered to my satisfaction so I went ahead and made the purchase. Dispatch was surprisingly fast. Everything was perfect. I'm pretty darn happy and I'm playing it right now. Not sure if they ship outside of Oz but you won't be sorry if they do.

Best accessory I could have bought...

Thomas